LMS: Online Course Platform
What is LMS?
LMS is an online class platform provided by UOS.
You can participate in online classes using Zoom in the LMS, and you can take video lectures, submit assignments, and chat.
LMS provides PC, tablet and mobile versions, and supported operating systems include Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS, and Android.
How to access LMS
Through the portal
- 1. Log in to the portal (https://portal.uos.ac.kr).
- 2. Select [Online Classroom] from the top menu.
Direct access method (PC or mobile web)
The mobile app
- 1. Search for '코스모스(Cosmos)' in the App Store or the Play store.
- 2. Search and select '서울시립대학교(University of Seoul)' in the '학교(School section)'.
- 3. Log in with Portal ID and password.
LMS main screen
1. Common menu
||Dashboard / File Management / Courses / Edit Personal Information
||Current regular / seasonal semester courses
||Courses opened and operated by departments within the school
|UOS open lectures
||open lectures such as research ethics and safety education
(certificate of completion is available upon completion)
||Online learning spaces that can be opened and operated freely
||Notes sent and received in the online classroom
||Notice / Q&A / FAQ / Manual
- 2. Courses the learner is taking or participating in.
- 3. All LMS notices and notices of courses the learner is taking or participating in.
- 4. Personal menu.
- 5. Important notices and schedule of activities in the course.
- 1. Name of subject and instructor.
- 2. Lecture Overview.
- 3. Video class attendance.
- 4. Lecture activities by week.
Use of learning materials
Participate in live video lectures
- 1. Click on the video lesson for the week you want to attend.
- 2. You will then be automatically joined to a Zoom class.
- 3. After the lecture, you can check 'My Attendance History'.
- ※ (Please note that attendance records may not be left when entering through an external Zoom, not LMS.)
Take video lectures
- 1. Course progress
- - You can check the attendance history of video lectures uploaded here.
- 2. Take video lectures
- - Click on the uploaded video to take it.
- - The red text to the right of the course title indicates the duration of the course.
Other learning materials (files, folders, websites, etc.)
- You can view the lecture materials registered in the classroom by clicking.
- You can access the folders organized by the instructor and download the materials.
- Click the URL provided by the instructor to view the content in a new window.
Participation in learning activities
- Click the assignments registered in the classroom to check information (content, period, submission status, etc.) and submit
- If you submit (or edit) after the submission deadline, the status will be changed to 'Late Submission'.
- When the file upload is complete, you must click the [Save] button at the bottom to complete the submission
- Click the quiz registered in the classroom to check information (content, period, submission status, etc.) and take the quiz
- Depending on the instructor's settings, options such as process method, feedback, and information disclosure may vary.
- You can start the quiz by clicking the 'Take the quiz now' button
Participate in discussion
- You can participate in the discussion by clicking the discussion registered in the classroom.
- You can write an article by clicking the 'Write by topic' or 'Register answer' buttons
- You can check your teammates by clicking 'Lecture Management' > 'Team Members' in the left menu.
- You can share materials with your teammates through the team project bulletin board
- Depending on the instructor's settings, there is a 'closed' type that only the same team members can see, and an 'open' type that other team members can access.